Tuesday 5 July 2011

How to go blonde by Katy Perry

MY GOD, I LOVE A MAKEOVER!

When Katy Perry debuted a new "accidental" ginger hue last week at her perfume launch in Toronto I squealed in delight. I LOVE IT! Unfortunately though, she's not keeping it.
Mrs Russel Brand tweeted about her new look: "2get to goal I have 2b ginger for 3WKS. If I don't wait 3WKS, I'll end up w/no hair or a #pixiecutw/abaretteinthefront. It's okay, I'll get to my secret colour soon! #patience".
Text talk translation: to go from having dark hair to blonde, she has had to stop half way at ginger and let her hair recover from the bleach for a few weeks. But to me, this accidental hair colour is something she needs to keep! I LOVE the ginger on her - it goes so well with her kitsch 50s siren look she sports (and generally I'm not keen on dyed black hair on pale skins, it's too severe). Katy is naturally blonde though (hard to believe I know) so I'm sure she look like a total bombshell when she achieves her final look.
I did a similar thing last year. Though not quite as extreme as Katy's, I went from brown to blonde (with an unwelcome stop at ginger blonde on the way). Because I waited a couple of months and I still had hair left at the end.
So let this be a lesson to all those wanting to change there hair from dark to light. If you don't do it slowly, you will end up looking like this:

Katie Price spent an amazing 17 hours in the hairdressers going from black to bright blonde and lost half her real hair in the process (in photographs you can see that her hair above her extensions is no longer than 3 inches now). She then decided to sue the hairdressers. Riiiiight.

No comments:

Post a Comment