I'm Chrysti Read, I'm 24 and I'm a writer, shopaholic and beauty product junkie. I am a Journalism graduate and over the last year, I have had the magnificent opportunity to work in the fashion and beauty departments at some of the biggest and best magazines on the market over the last year including Grazia, The Times Magazine Woman and Hair. I was lucky enough to work alongside Henry Holland for a very brief time at House of Holland - although the less said about my textiles skills the better - and I also did a stint at with the hilairious team at BANG Showbiz, which is a showbiz news agency.
Beauty Magpie has just been selected to be part of More magazine's Blog Boudoir, which I am thrilld about. I have had the honour of writing for More's website previously as one of More Magazine's 10 Mini Bloggers, so I'm thrilled to be doing it again!
I am also working for a fantastic new designer online retailer called Wardrobe Mistress, which is run by the fabulous Francesca Salih (previously from Net-a-Porter). It offers personal styling services and sells second hand designer clothes, so if you want discounted Chanel (or you want to sell some Chanel!) then that's the place to go.
I used to write for a fashion website called My Fashion Life. Ranging from celebrity style, best dressed lists, make-up how to's and the best beauty buys on the market, I wrote over 100s of articles for the site which now live in my authors archive: here.
I am a qualified make-up artist. I trained at the London School of Beauty and Make-Up and I am now branching out into freelance make-up also.
I hope this experience qualifies me and that I've picked up some tips and ideas along the way to share with you good people. So please come back soon! xxx
Previous blogs for More magazine's website
- 'The single files' http://www.moremagazine.co.uk/article/more-s-mini-bloggers-the-single-files/
- Four men and a little lady' http://www.moremagazine.co.uk/article/more-s-mini-bloggers-four-men-and-a-little-lady/
- 'He's out of my league' http://www.moremagazine.co.uk/article/more-s-mini-bloggers-he-s-out-of-my-league/
- I love you, but I love me more' http://www.moremagazine.co.uk/article/more-s-mini-bloggers-i-love-you-but-i-love-me-more/
- 'You've gotta be cruel to be kind' http://www.moremagazine.co.uk/
article/mores-mini-bloggers-yo u-ve-gotta-be-cruel-to-be-kind /
- 'All the single ladies' http://www.moremagazine.co.uk/article/more-s-mini-bloggers-calling-all-the-single-ladies/